What’s My Home Worth?
There are many factors that determine the amount of time it takes for a home to sell but, of all of them, listing price is the biggest. It is ultimately the seller’s responsibility to decide on a listing price, however, David Blishen’s working knowledge and expertise, can assist you in arriving at a realistic price.
David Blishen can provide you with a Free, and with No Obligation to list, Comparative Market Analysis (CMA).
There are some very important points to note about a CMA:
- A CMA is NOT an appraisal. An appraiser estimates a property’s value primarily for a lender to help determine a maximum loan amount.
- A CMA is a detailed market analysis made up of homes comparable to yours that have recently sold (ideally within 6 months), homes that are for sale right now, and homes that did not sell.
- For a professional CMA to be effective it should be comprised of an initial viewing and consultation followed up with an appointment to discuss the CMA in detail and suggest a competitive market value of your property.
In addition to the points raised above my initial viewing and consultation will take in to consideration the following key factors to help determine your property’s value.
- The size of the home not just the living space but also including the garage, workshop, decks, storage sheds.
- The number of bedrooms and bathrooms/ensuites and their size will have a huge effect on the value of a home. Please note; a full bathroom consists of a toilet, sink and bathtub; a ¾ bathroom consists of a toilet, sink and shower only; a half bath consists of a toilet and sink only.
- Garages. Are they attached/ detached, double or single?
- Is the design and layout of the home functional? Is there an eating space or dining room?
- Are there enough closets throughout the home? Location of doors?
- The construction quality of the home.
- What is the age and condition of the home?
- What kind of heating system exists. How many sources of heat and what are they. Energy efficient heating systems help to increase not just the value of a home but also its desirability.
- What kind of utilities? Electricity, natural gas, septic or sewer lines, and high speed internet.
- Can the lot measurements be easily determined? Are there any known encroachments? How much road frontage does the property have and what is the access like? Does the home back up to a creek or lake? What is the topography like?
- How does the neighborhood compare to others in the area? Is it a favored area? Are there many vacant homes or lots in the area? Is the area predominantly owner-occupied or do rentals dominate?
- Any zoning and/or land use changes? Is the area changing from predominantly residential to commercial? The existence of any eyesores? traffic or industrial noises?
If you would like a free, no obligation to list CMA just call David Blishen on 250.353.1495 or email me: email@example.com
In advance of my initial viewing and consultation, it would be very helpful if you could fill out the brief questionnaire below and hit the submit button.